It is time! Centro Capoeira Angola OuroVerde Flagstaff is very excited to announce our Fall 2017 DanceBatukeira Flagstaff event. Mestre Cabello and Mestra Tisza will be visiting Flagstaff and giving workshops in Capoeira Angola, Samba de Roda, music, percussion, and dance. This is an amazing opportunity to learn from and spend time with the best of the best. Flagstaff is beautiful this time of the year and we look forward to having you here!
$75 for all workshops and activities for early registration (BEFORE October 10th)
$90 for all workshops and activities for late registration (AFTER October 10th)
$45 per day (Saturday and Sunday)
$20 per workshop
For early registration and payment contact Professor Avi at email@example.com
Professors and CM please contact us!
Friday, October 27th:
- 6:00pm-8:30pm Capoeira Angola Movement and music workshop.
Saturday, October 28th:
- 10:30am kids class and Roda
- 12:00pm-1:00pm: African-Brazilian Dance
- 1:00pm-2:00pm: Lunch (Provided)
- 2:00pm-3:15pm: Capoeira Angola workshop
- 3:15pm-5:00pm: Roda (In all white)
- 7:00pm: Potluck at Avi and Moran's house 2770 N. Nelson Rd. Flagstaff AZ. 86001. Please bring a food item to share.
Sunday, October 29th:
- Sunday, October 29th: 10:30am-12:00 pm Activity at the Juvenile Detention Center.
- Sunday, October 29th 1:30 pm: Capoeira Angola Music Class
- Sunday, October 29th 2:30 pm: Final workshop, and roda
- Sunday, October 29th 6:00 pm: Performance at the Coconino Center for the Arts for the NAU Sustainable Communities Program Gala (in all white).
For the Capoeira Angola workshops please have dress or Capoeira pants with a belt and a capoeira t-shirt that can be tucked in. Flat sole shoes are required. For the official roda, please dress in all whites.
We have limited spots to host out of town visitors so please contact Professor Avi ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org. There are also a variety of AirB&Bs available in Flagstaff but it is smart to plan ahead. Flagstaff has a small airport and at times flights to Flagstaff are only a little more expensive. Try both the Phoenix and Flagstaff options when looking for tickets! There is a shuttle service from the PHX airport to Flagstaff: http://www.arizonashuttle.com/cities/flagstaff/
This event is made possible by generous support from the Arizona Community Foundation of Flagstaff, the Arizona Commission on the Arts, and the Flagstaff Arts Council and City of Flagstaff BBB Revenues.